Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 2013- Kaylie Duncan at Pure Country Bar and Grill

June Bartender of the Month- Kaylie Duncan

Pure Country Bar and Grill is the new country hot spot in Crystal River, Florida.  It features a country atmosphere with mouth-watering barbecue. 

Kaylie started working at Pure Country the first night they opened.  She is a country girl through and through with superb bartending skills.  


Pair a Crown and Coke with Steak Tips

Born and raised in Citrus County, she loves being able to wear boots and belt buckles to work.


The first time Kaylie served me, I was impressed.  As soon as we sat at the bar, she asked us what we wanted.  She kept an eye out so we never had to tell her we needed refills. Pure Country is lucky to have Kaylie.

One of Kaylie's favorite songs is one you will definitely hear at Pure Country- "Kick It In the Sticks" by Brantley Gilbert:



Q: What is your favorite drink?
A: Crown and Red Bull.

Q: What is one of your favorite drink recipes?
A: I really love making Long Island Ice Teas.  There are so many different ingredients, it truly is an art to make a delicious one!

Q: How long have you been a bartender?
A: Five years.  My first bartending job was at ClawDaddy's.  Ray Bass, the owner of ClawDaddy's and Pure Country, has always been a terrific boss.  I still work at ClawDaddy's a few nights a week as well.  Both atmospheres are relaxed. They are both locals favorite spots.

Q: Where are you from?
A: I was born in Inverness. I have always lived in Citrus County.  I just love it here! I don't know why anyone would ever want to leave.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
A: As much as I love bartending, I know I can't bartend for the rest of my life.  In a few years, I plan on attending radiation school.  I look forward to having a career in the medical field.


The girls at Pure Country Bar and Grill

Q: What do you think makes Pure Country Bar and Grill so special?
A: The newly remodeled country atmosphere is awesome! The barbecue is really delicious. The location is great because we will be able to have big country events out in the back, such as mudding.


Q: Do you have a favorite ingredient?
A: I have found that Peach Schnapps is an easy addition to a drink recipe. It adds a lot of flavor!

Q: What do you like to toast to?
A: I love toasting to girls night out! Having a night away from the boys makes me really appreciate my friendships!


Visit Kaylie at Pure Country on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.



Pure Country offers $1 drafts and 2-4-1 wells every day from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.   Every Wednesday, ladies can drink for free from 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM.  




Check out their menu:




Pure Country Bar and Grill on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment